Trustopia’s intelligent screening platform enables enterprises automate the screening requirements of the UK Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) Senior Managers and Certification Regime (SMCR)
What is the Senior Managers and Certification Regime (SM&CR)?
The UK SM&CR standard is a replacement for the Approved Persons Regime (APR). It strengthens the aims of the FCA to enforce standards within the finance industry that ensure individuals working in UK regulated firms, including solo-regulated firms, can be directly held to account.
The SM&CR standard highlights how financial services firms must regulate their employee screening to reduce harm to individuals and improve market integrity.
The SM&CR standard aims to:
* Encourage staff to take personal responsibility for their actions
* Improve conduct at all levels
* Make sure firms and staff clearly understand and can show who does what
The SMCR standard is mandatory for all UK FCA-regulated firms since December 9th, 2019 and comprises the following required checks:
* UK Right to work status check
* Global ID confirmation check
* Current address verification
* UK Electoral Roll check
* Directorships check
* UK Basic Disclosure/Standard DBS Check* or International Police Clearance
Education & Competence
* Verification of Highest Education
* Professional qualification check
* 6 Years employment history verification
* 6 Years Financial probity check (includes bankruptcy/insolvency check, CCJ check and credit score)
* Financial Services Register Check
* Global Sanction Search
Additional check options an employer may wish to bolt on to a pre-configured FCA SMCR check
* Global ID document capture and validation with facial recognition (5000+ Gov ID Document types/c.130 Countries)
* Global travel history verification
* Social media profile checks
* Character references
* Driving licence status check
* When selecting the appropriate DBS level, while Senior Managers require a UK Standard DBS check; Certified Persons are eligible for UK Basic DBS checks only.